|Are you a strategic thinker who moves fast but still has an eye for the details? Are you able to seek out answers and get the job done on time and within budget?
A well-established real estate developer in Dallas is looking for a Professional Engineer who is interested in transitioning to the business side of development. The Engineer & Planning Manager (EPM) will track the development progress from the design phase to delivery. The primary responsibility is to fully understand and interpret construction documents, bridging the information gap between external stakeholders (consultants, vendors, contractors) and internal stakeholders (executive team, construction, and finance and accounting) by communicating scope of design, budgetary assumptions, costs, change orders and timelines. Reporting to the Vice President of Construction, the EPM will also work closely with the CFO to ensure that construction costs align with business plans.
• Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates for real estate and community development.
• Coordinate scope of design, cost and execution strategy with developer_s leadership team.
• Consult with consultants, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
• Confer with engineers, architects, consultants, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
• Apply engineering principles, techniques, and procedures to the design and production of residential community development.
• Assess cost effectiveness of projects, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
• Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
• Understand construction specifications.
• Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
• Analyze budgets and make recommendations for business plans.
• Prepare periodic reports comparing budgeted costs to actual costs.
• Analyze technical data, designs, or preliminary specifications.
• Evaluate material specifications.
• Compile data for monthly investor and financial reporting.
• Interpret maps for architecture, construction, or engineering project.
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved real estate and community development.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation and coordination of people and resources.
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
• Self-motivated, driven, hardworking and reliable.
• Team-oriented mindset and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
• Project Management experience preferred, but not required.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Very detailed-oriented with an ability to perform at a high level and under pressure.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Willing and able to travel within DFW and perform outdoor site walks.
• Professional Engineer license required
• Minimum of 3 years design experience in land development projects
• Proficiency with AutoCAD preferred
• Basic computer skills
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Project
• Adobe DC
This is a confidential job posting. Interested applicants please apply via link below.